Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving-check

Well, Thanksgiving (the holiday) is over.  Now we get into the Christmas season and the Christmas rush.  I'm determined to live Thanksgiving daily and not just a time of the year. I was very convicted over this time of the things and I mean the small things.  Not just the big stuff and the tangible things, I'm talking time and memories and making memories.  There is just nothing more precious. 

Over Thanksgiving 2 sweet men went home to be with the Lord.  It was a sobering thought that our life here is temporary.  It's not forever.  It could be done tomorrow.  The best part is that this is not my home in the first place.  My Savior has gone to prepare a place for me.  Lonnie and Tim got their home coming this past week.  For their family, it will be tough.  We are so sad they are not here with them but at the same time, to know without a doubt that they will see them again is incredible.  What a thought.  If you listened to Monday's Music, you can only imagine what they are doing.  You can't help but praise Him!!!!!!!  I find it very hard to sit still during that song, much less keep my hands in my lap and the tears rolling.  WOW!!!!  is the only word I know to use.  Just incredible!!!!!

Our church home here in Amory is kicking off Christmas with some great ideas and wonderful gatherings of all kinds.  I'm really excited about jumping in with both feet.  It's an exciting time!!!!  We of course did Operation Christmas Child....over 800+ boxes and we were a collection drop off and sent more than 3,000 boxes out.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!  I have been in the countries where these boxes go.  I have even seen them there.  It's so simple and yet so very powerful!!!!  Start now planning for next year.  Pick up small items all year.  See how many boxes you can do for next year!!!!

I'll be sharing our "RACK" project on here so stay tuned for that.  Also, I will resume our studying in the WORD!!!!  So excited to do that.  Since I am not currently in a group Bible Study, I'll be using our Sunday School book.  It is so very rich.  It's great because we never get finished with the lesson.  It can last up to 2-3 weeks.  We love our class so very much!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment