Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WORD for 2013

Well, the day finally has arrived me to share my word.  It is something that has really been impressed upon me this year.  I have seen it happen and yet there are times when I don't think that it will.  Even to the point of just doing out of routine and keep going. 

Expect!  That's my word this year.  It sounds a little strange but it's one of those things that you just know its from Him. 

When I was thinking and praying about it I was so convicted over prayer life and the sincerity of it.  When we sit with a group, like Sunday School or Bible Study, and we list out our prayer request.  Some maybe very "simple" so to speak and some maybe a matter of life or death.  The key for me is that when we pray do we expect Him to answer?  Do we expect Him to hear us? Do we expect to hear from Him?  Do we look for His answer? Do we listen to what He has to say about that request? 

I'll be the first to admit that I fall right in to the ones that will put something on a "prayer list" and pray about it then and then walk away and check it off the list and move on.  I don't think that is what we should be doing.  We should be praying and seeking.  Over and over scripture tells us to seek Him, seek Him first, seek Him with our whole heart.  Scripture also tells us that He hears us and that He answers us. 

Do you believe that?
Do you think He does?
Do you expect Him to hear you?
Do you expect Him to answer you?

For sure His ways are higher and greater than mine.  His answers may not be what I think they should be but He knows best and that I can have faith and trust.  I'm excited for this New Year!!!!  I'm excited to see how this is going to change me, my thoughts and most of all my relationship with my Heavenly Father. 

I hope you have a WORD for 2013.  If you don't, please be praying about it!!!!!!  It's exciting to see how He uses it!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment