Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We Picked One

Well, our "group" that did Unglued together has picked a new study.  We needed something that would be approximately 6 weeks.  Oh my...what to pick???  There are so many wonderful studies out there.  How in the world do you pick one. 
The simple.
The basic
The DVD driven.
The no homework (we didn't see one of those)
The little homework
The MAJOR homework
It was a little overwhelming when we first looked at our list.  We had so many great writers and authors.  We had so many different styles of study.  It was quite a list. Just to give you an idea, this is what it looked like.......

Community Bible Study (They have a great little book they use)
Disciplers Bible Study (Written like BSF)
Beth Moore Study
Anne Graham Lotz study
Lysa TerKeurst study
Kay Arthur
Priscilla Shirer
Beth, Kay and Priscilla Study
Prayer Notebook Assembly (Putting together a Prayer Notebook)

We were completely honest with time and time management and what we could commit to.  That was soooooo important.  We narrowed it down to........................................................................... drum roll please......................................................................................
DISCIPLERS Bible Study!!!!!!!!!  Then we had to narrow it to what book of the Bible to Study.  We knew we needed 6 weeks. 

JAMES!!!  I love this book.  It can be step on your toes difficult but you can never read it and learn it enough. 
I was so excited about this I could have just busted.  What thrills me about it is this.....
There are 6 days of homework.
There is a commentary to read that is about 4-6 pages.
There is NOTHING ELSE TO READ!!!!!!
This what I a LOVE about BSF, Disciplers and Community Bible Study.  It requires you to read your scripture.  Dig in the scripture. Listen for the Lord.  Let Him teach you.  I was so excited!!!!!
THEN IT HIT ME>>>>>>>>>>>  that little voice of doubt.......I would be responsible for the teaching part.........Maybe we should rethink this.......then I get sweet encouragement from my Husband, and others.  This is going to be WONDERFUL!!!! 
Here's the key.  If I walked in thinking that "I can do this", I completely missed it.  Here it is...."I can't BUT He CAN" is my thinking.  My fear subsided and my excitement has completely taken over.  The great part....we are going to do a "Prayer Notebook" Assembly the first night we kick it off.  Everyone will bring their list of supplies and we will put them together and use them during the 6 weeks.  Some are going to bring their teen daughters!!!!!!  WHOOT!!!!!!  Happy Holy Dance Here!!!!!!! 
I hope you will join us in the journey into His Word.........it is so RICH and so POWERFUL!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment