Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Community Bible Study Ends.......

Well, this morning was a little hard.  It was exciting and yet at the same time I am not sure what is next.  This morning was the last Tuesday for the Community Bible Study that I have been in.  It has just been WONDERFUL!!!  I knew it was exactly where I needed to be.  I met some amazing women and was taught, and encouraged and inspired.  It was just perfect.  Of course we studied the book of Philippians.  It was kind of hard because there is so much in just a few verses that you can sit and chew on for a week but we did a chapter a week.  IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!

Of course, we should get back to the Bible Study here if you have been following along.  Now that I am not in CBS, we will have to have Internet/blog based Bible Study.  How much fun that could be!!!!!!  Let's get going and do some digging into this WORD!!!!!


A while back I had written a post about the word "Know".  It is probably one of my favorite words.  Its is over on my other blog that I closed.  I may bring it here and share with you if you missed that.  All of that being said, when we read in Philippians 4: 4-8 and we have a tendency to read it though and think to ourselves....."Ah, yes I know that verse." or we can complete it out loud or in our head as someone else is quoting during a Sunday School lesson or during the sermon even.  But let's take a look at it.  Really look at it and discuss it a bit.

"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Those are some very familiar words. They have really hit home with me as of late. 

Rejoice in the Lord always
It doesn't say
Rejoice when I get what I want.
Rejoice when life is good.
Rejoice when our child behaves
Rejoice when things are going our way.
IT SAYS REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS!!!!!
Rejoice when the paycheck is short.
Rejoice when you get the pink slip at work
Rejoice when your child disobeys
Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS ( no matter the circumstances!) and if you didn't get it, he says it again.  REJOICE!!!!

This has been a lesson learned for me.  Am I finished learning it....NO but I have sure learned it over the years.  In the last 4-6 weeks for sure. 

Rejoice in the Lord when...
Your child says he wants to go home to NC
You go to church and don't know a soul.
You go to a grocery store and don't know where anything is.
You have been transplanted to a new state that you have never lived in.

Then you spend time with Him and He changes you!!!!!!!
Rejoice in the Lord when.....
Your child wants to go to the duck/fish pond that you can walk to because you moved.
Your child wants to go outside because he can play in the back yard.
You have found a church home.
Your husband is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY at his new job
You have found everything you NEED in the tiny town you have been placed in.
You have met more people than you can remember their name.
Your parents come to visit and LOVE this place!!!!!!  So excited for us.
You have a group of women at a Bible Study that just love on you every time you set foot in the door.
Again I say.....REJOICE!!!!!!

I can sit and write and type this morning and REJOICE in the Lord!!!!  It's amazing to "know" that we are where we are suppose to be.  We are doing what He sent us to do.  Yes, there are days and times when I cry and  miss all my dear friends in NC.  I miss my oldest 2 and my grandbaby that is growing up so very fast. BUT I can rejoice because the Lord provides the wonderful thing called Facebook, cell phones, Instagrams, Messenger and Skype. 

Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS! I will say it again...REJOICE!!






No comments:

Post a Comment