Friday, October 26, 2012

Do Not Worry!!!!!

So let's continue in that wonderful passage out of Philippians.
Everyone has probably taught this to your child at some point and I am sure that you may have read it yourself.....

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

 
What a verse!  Does it step on your toes like it does mine.  With all that we, as a family, have been through in the last 2 months I can say that this is the verse that has come to mind so very much.  When the WORD says, don't be anxious about anything, that seems a little hard to do in the times that we live in. 
We have lots to "worry" about........
Family
Friends
Money
Housing
Work
Co-workers
Paying for College
Paying for vacation
What sport shall we play next
What is the next move that I need to make at work


Once I did that, and believe me it was not easy, I experienced exactly what this verse talks about.  A peace that passes ALL UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!  I can't tell you how many times that people would ask....
"What are you thinking?"
"What about your condo and the housing market?"
"What about your work Pam?"
"Why in the world would you want to move to Mississippi?"
"What about hurricaines?"
"What about the schools?"
I mean, you name it, people would ask.  They were more worried than we were.  It was amazing.  When I tell you that leaving it at the altar and allowing Him to give that perfect peace....It is just incredible. 
We came for our visit.  We had seen the area.  We had experienced the Lord move while we were here.  It was a "no-brainer" as my husband would say.  Not coming and following would have been complete and total disobedience.  He supplied EVERYTHING, right down to the boxes that we got for free.  It was incredible!!!!!!! 
Even being here now, we have watched Him continue to work.  He has supplied and worked out details that no human could do.  We have found bargans and things that we could only hope for and once again He supplies exactly what we need.  I am amazed!!!!!!

Have you ever had an experience? 
What are you worried about?
What are you concerned about?

Tell Him what it is.  Allow Him to take it. He is big enough to handle your worries.  My prayer for you is to experience His Peace!  When people ask you all the questions....Your response.....My God is in control because I can't do it on my own.  That was my response.  It's a place of freedom!!!!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment