Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Jesus is the Reason For The Season


 
This past weekend we went to my parent’s church in Cleveland Ga.   It was such a pleasure.  I love going there and listening to their pastor.  I always get to see Bill and Linda who went to church with my family when I was in elementary school.  They are getting ready for Christmas as most of are.  During the sermon he made a statement that has stuck with me since we were there last Sunday. 

This was his comment..”We always say “Jesus is the Reason for the Season” but have we ever considered that “We are the Reason for the Season”. " Oh my goodness.  I have NEVER in all my days heard such.  I have never considered such a statement.  So let’s look at this from both sides.

First- Jesus is the Reason For The Season.  ABSOLUTELY!!!!  He is a reason for the celebration. He came as fully God and fully man. He came as a baby to this world.  Christmas is about Christ and we strive to teach that to our children.  Yes, the gifts and toys are wonderful and they enjoy it.  The key is to remember the ultimate gift that we have been given. 

Second- We are The Reason For The Season- This was something new for me.  This statement was exciting to me.  Think about this.  God chose to give us the ultimate gift.  He loved us so much that He gave us His Son.  He was thinking of us during this season.  We are the reason that He gave.  WOW!!!  Let that sink in this season.  What a thought!  This has made such an impact on me. 

As we prepare to celebrate Christmas, consider these things.  Jesus is the Reason for the Season and We are the Reason for the Season.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment