Friday, April 4, 2014

The Nine Arts......Noticing

NOTICING!

This is so easy.  We see people and run into people all the time.  Think about this......
The grocery store
The drive thru window
The bank
The school
The office
The doctors office
The fast-food restaurant
The convenient store.
You get the picture.  In most of these places, they wear a name tag.  In our busy schedules we forget to pay attention to those that we see or meet.  Do you notice their name? Do you call them by their name?  This seems very easy but it can be a little tricky as well.  It requires something of you.  First, you have slow down.  Are you kidding me? No, I'm not kidding.  Pay attention.  Notice something about them.  Their clothes. Their expression. Their lack of expression. Their comments. Their lack of comments. You get the picture. 

Matthew 9:36-38 (NIV)  When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.  Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send our workers into his harvest field."

Christ noticed.  He noticed the crowds. He had compassion on them.  Do you notice people as Christ did?  Studying this Art was a real eye opener for me. 

What have I done?  I have found 3 different ladies that I check out with at my grocery store and I try VERY hard to get in their lines if they are there.  One I have talked to more.  I know that she likes to talk. She has a child. She works days. She doesn't like the snow.  I try very hard to notice people when I am out.  Sometimes it's heart breaking watching and noticing people's faces.  You can see it written on their face!  I have started running again.  I go to the same park.  I see people there.  I watch. I notice. I see some of the same people and sometimes different ones.  I'm noticing people EVERYWHERE!!!!  Talk about a change!!!!! 

Give it a try!  Notice!  It simple. It only requires you to see people.  We can all slow down to do that.  Let me know what happened!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment