Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's a Pinterest Moment!!!!!!

I do love Pinterest.  Probably more than I should.  I had seen a couple of project that I thought that I could use here in our new home.  Kaleb has a wall that had 12 nails in the wall.  2 rows of 6.  She had some really neat pictures up on the wall.  I just loved it.  I wasn't sure what to put but when I saw this, I thought...."I can SO do that!"

So here we go. 
Need-
Fabric that has a good sized print on it that can be cut out.
Mounted Canvas. ( I used 8x10).  (Cheap at Wal-Mart)
Craft Paint in an accent color
Mod Podge
Sponge Painters

Step One- Cut out prints from fabric
Step Two- Paint all canvas in your background color
 
 
Step Three- Once the base is dry, apply your cut outs with the Mod Podge.  Make sure that you get the one for fabric.  There is also a glitter one available so make sure of what you are buying.  Allow to dry.

Step Four- Arrange on the wall.  Kaleb chose the "Yellow Room" in the new house.  His beds are mostly done in blues so trying to decide on what to put on the wall.  Hot air balloons and kites (Thank you Marsha for the fabric). 
**You may notice the one on the bottom that is half white and half blue.  I am going to paint his name in on the blue.  HE LOVES IT!!!!!!!!  It was so VERY EASY!!!!  Next stop is the kitchen.  I think I am going to make a 16x20 for a large wall that I have.  I'm sure I'll post that picture as soon as I get it done. 

What things have you done from Pinterest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment