Friday, April 12, 2013

Why Pray?


Why Pray?

My quick answer.....are you kidding?  Why wouldn't I?  Prayer is so every important.
Prayer is my communication with my Lord.
Prayer is something I can't live without.
Prayer is vital!
Prayerlessness is something that can show itself in conversations, attitude and actions.  Example.....I have 2 sweet friends (Tara and Marsha) that when there has been a lack of quiet time or a lack of prayer time, they can tell it and would be the first to call me on it because they can see it in my behaviors......that is what you call true friendship and love for another person.  Do I like it when they do?  Not really but I love them for it.  They redirect and point me back to feet of my Jesus.  Do you have someone that does that for you?
Prayer is so important.
Jesus set the example.  We are to be following His example.  Look in scripture how He went early in the morning to meet with the Father.  He went to the garden and poured out His heart.  If we follow His example, why aren't we praying and pouring our heart out to Him?
He will answer you.  It may not always be what we want to hear.  It may not be in our time table.  He loves you and me so much.  He wants to spend time with you.
Excuses....I have heard them and I have used them.
I don't have time
I am not a morning person
I can handle this
If I surrender I will end up in the back side of the desert in Africa
I feel silly

 So, let me respond to those excuses....
You have time.  Write it on your planner, put it on your schedule like an appointment
Do it at lunch.  Do it after the kids go to bed. Do it while you are driving.  You don't have to close your eyes.
You can not handle it.  He is bigger than you.  He can handle it so much more!!!!!
If he asked you to go to the desert, that's ok.  You will be where He wants you to be.  Surrender = FREEDOM!!!!!!
Don't feel silly, He is your best friend and wants to hear from you!!!!!! So lets hear from you......why do you pray?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment