Thursday, May 2, 2013

Substitute Teaching

Let's just say that if you are a teacher........I have a NEW appreciation for you.  I have said before "I don't know how they do it."  I can now say...."I have NO IDEA how you do it!"  I have been doing a lot of subbing here lately.  I LOVE IT!!!!  I LOVE THE KIDS!!!!  I am amazed at what all they have to teach.  I'm amazed at what they, the students, learn at different ages.  It is just mind blowing compared to what I was taught when I was their age. 

What age were you when you were learning geometry?
What age were you when you could diagram a sentence?
What age were you when you were learning multiplication and division?
What age were you when you gave your first report in front of your peers?

These kids absolutely blow me away.  The teachers that have stepped up and have been teaching are absolutely amazing!!!!!!

Using Kaleb for an example.  We have had a list a mile long of sight words.  We have discussed them and reviewed them so many times......He can now not only read them to you but spell them.  Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!  He LOVES HIS MATH!!!!  He can add and subtract single digit all ready.  I

I have been in the Elementary more than anything.  I LOVE THESE KIDDO'S!!!!  Some are sweet.  Some are a handful.  Some love to push your buttons.  Some want to push the limit because you are a Sub.  Some just want a hug.  Some will draw you pictures.  Some just want someone to pay attention to them and they will do whatever to get the attention.  Some just break my heart. 

If you have children in school, whether private or public, write a quick note to that teacher and tell them THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment